Our department is a long-time supporter of the Australian Broadcasting Corporation’s youth program ABC Heywire and Trailblazers.
This program provides influential national platforms to share the stories and ideas of young regional, rural and remote Australians.
During the past 24 years, we’ve helped share more than 12,000 stories.
RDA committees have opportunities to engage with their regional winners and to help these young change-makers realise their most powerful ideas for making regional Australia a better place to live.
This partnership with ABC also strongly aligns with many of the RDAs’ key priorities which they have identified will benefit the economic future of their region. These priorities include:
- Skills and ready workforce
- supporting Indigenous leadership
- education, training and jobs pathways
- building future resilience
- supporting youth and community capacity building
- population attraction and liveability
- incubator and accelerator programs.
Learn more about the competition and the winners, go to:
For more information and details on RDAs and their key regional priorities, go to RDA what we do.