RDA Tasmania has a strong and cooperative relationship with the Tasmanian Government and the Local Government Association of Tasmania. The Tasmanian Government, through the Department of State Growth, provides in-kind support including accommodation and facilities for RDA Tasmania staff based away from the RDA's main office in Launceston.
Under the RDA charter, RDA Tasmania is responsible for:
- providing independent advice to all three levels of Government on critical issues affecting the region
- collaborating with relevant stakeholders to identify economic opportunities and leverage private and public sector investment to the region
- connecting regional businesses, councils and industry sectors with international trade partners, financial markets and potential investors
- working closely with community leaders to identify funding sources and developing project proposals to support economic growth
- providing assistance to local communities to develop project proposals to support economic growth
- promoting awareness of government programs in the local community