There are 9 RDA Committees in WA covering all areas of the state, including one RDA committee for metropolitan Perth.
Under the RDA charter, WA RDA Committees are responsible for:
- providing independent advice to all three levels of government on critical issues affecting their regions
- collaborating with relevant stakeholders to identify economic opportunities and leverage private and public sector investment to their regions
- connecting regional businesses, councils and industry sectors with international trade partners, financial markets and potential investors
- working closely with community leaders to identify funding sources and develop project proposals to support economic growth
- providing assistance to local communities to develop project proposals to support economic growth
- promoting awareness of government programs in the RDA community