RDA Sydney collaborates with the 13 regional New South Wales RDAs to identify and develop opportunities to improve economic, employment and trade linkages between capital cities and the regions.
All RDA Committees are responsible for:
- providing independent advice to all three levels of government on critical issues affecting their regions
- collaborating with relevant stakeholders to identify economic opportunities and leverage private and public sector investment to their regions
- connecting regional businesses, councils and industry sectors with international trade partners, financial markets and potential investors
- working closely with community leaders to identify priority activities that will drive regional economic development
- assisting local communities to identify funding sources and develop project proposals to support economic growth
- promoting awareness of government programs in the RDA community.
Funding is provided by the Australian Government and is administered by the Australian Government's Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development, Communications and the Arts.
For more information, go to RDA Charter.