RDA Melbourne collaborates with the 5 regional Victorian RDAs to identify and develop opportunities to improve economic, employment and trade linkages between capital cities and the regions.
All RDA Committees are responsible for:
- providing independent advice to all 3 levels of government on critical issues affecting their regions
- collaborating with relevant stakeholders to identify economic opportunities and leverage private and public sector investment to their regions
- connecting regional businesses, councils and industry sectors with international trade partners, financial markets and potential investors
- working closely with community leaders to identify priority activities that will drive regional economic development
- assisting local communities to identify funding sources and develop project proposals to support economic growth
- promoting awareness of government programs in the RDA community.
RDA Committees work in partnership with Regional Development Victoria, the Victorian Government's Department of Jobs, Skills, Industry and Regions and the Regional Partnerships consultation process. This ensures integrated and aligned arrangements for regional engagement and economic development in the state and regional communities.
Funding is provided by the Australian Government and the Victorian Government and is administered by the Australian Government's Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development, Communications and the Arts.