The Chair has overall responsibility for setting strategic direction and ensuring that objectives and outcomes of their RDA Committee are achieved. They appoint the Deputy Chair (following Ministerial agreement) and the members.
The Chair has a hands-on role and is active in facilitating economic development opportunities for the region.
In South Australia the Chair is appointed jointly by the Commonwealth Minister for Regional Development, Local Government and Territories, the South Australian Minister for Primary Industries and Regional Development and the President of the Local Government Association of South Australia.
Applications are now open for the position of Chair of RDA Far North in South Australia, and close on Monday 4 March 2024 at 5:00pm (ACDT).
Applicants will need to respond to selection criteria, based on the RDA Charter, which addresses the requirements of the role. These requirements are:
- Leadership and governance – experience in leading organisations including an understanding of the relevant governance and performance management principles as they relate to volunteer committees.
- Delivery focus – experience in leading high performing organisations that have had success in achieving outcomes within tight timeframes and in a difficult and complex environment.
- Stakeholder engagement – experience managing a broad range of stakeholders in a complex environment to achieve successful outcomes.
- Representational skills – experience representing regional, business and/or industry interests, highly developed networks and networking skills, can collaborate with integrity, transparency, respect and accountability, and an ability to translate these into economic development opportunities.
- Commitment to the region – have a clear and strong commitment to the region including an understanding of local/state issues and how the RDA can broker solutions to these issues.
- Commitment to diversity – have a clear and strong commitment to diversity, including building strong relationships with diverse communities, especially First Nations people, and supporting gender equality opportunities.
Applicants will also need to provide two referees, and the Department may conduct other probity related checks if required.
You can contact the RDA Program Management team via email at email@example.com if you have any queries about the application process.
Read more about RDA Chairs: Better Practice Guide (BPG).