Australian Capital Territory
RDA ACT's scope of operations is focused on the ACT region, but it has a close working relationship with surrounding local governments in New South Wales (NSW), and with the Australian Government, in order to progress mutually beneficial outcomes for stakeholders and residents in the ACT and greater South East NSW .
Under the RDA charter, the RDA ACT Committee is responsible for:
- providing independent advice to the Australian government and ACT government on critical issues affecting the ACT region
- collaborating with relevant stakeholders to identify economic opportunities and leverage private and public sector investment to the ACT region
- connecting regional businesses, councils and industry sectors with international trade partners, financial markets and potential investors
- working closely with community leaders to identify funding sources and developing project proposals to support economic growth
- providing assistance to local communities to develop project proposals to support economic growth
- promoting awareness of government programs in the RDA community
RDA ACT acknowledges the importance of the ACT and Canberra's three dimensions—as a city in its own right, as the nation's capital, and its role as a hub of the region.