Submissions to the Digital Economy Strategy paper closing soon
30 November 2017
The strategy will set out how government, the private sector and the community can work together to:
- build on our competitive strengths and develop new ones by:
- driving productivity within existing industries;
- taking advantage of the changes in our economy;
- opening up new sources of growth to sustain Australia into the future.
- develop world-leading digital business capability for globally engaged, innovative, high-growth businesses of all sizes.
- drive a culture and mindset that supports lifelong learning, a global outlook, and helps us respond positively to change.
- address the ‘digital divide’ in skills and confidence to help all Australians succeed in a digital economy.
The government will launch the strategy in the first half of 2018, following an open conversation with governments, businesses and the community. To make sure we stay up to date, the strategy will continue to evolve over time.
A consultation paper has been released that outlines the government's current digital agenda, the scope for the strategy, and seeks views on key issues. Consultation is open until 30 November 2017, and interested people can share their views by making a submission through our Consultation Hub, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or by posting a hard copy submission.
Upon request, extensions of up to two weeks for submissions can be provided.