2017 National Awards for Local Government are open for entries
03 February 2017
Entries for the 2017 National Awards for Local Government (the Awards) are now open and will be accepted through to midnight on Friday 3 March 2017.
Councils, shires and other recognised local government organisations alongside local business and not-for-profit organisations play a key role in making Australian communities safe, attractive and desirable places to live.
The Awards provide an opportunity to showcase projects that exemplify leading practice in local government and that respond to the needs and unique challenges of your local community. All local councils, big and small, metropolitan and rural, urban and remote are eligible to enter.
Regional Development Australia Committees (RDA) work collaboratively with local councils on a range of projects in their regions. If your RDA has worked with an actively engaged council or group of councils and you would like your project to be acknowledged through the Awards then we encourage you to prompt the council involved to enter your shared project. Entry is easy. Select a category that reflects your project and follow the application guidelines that can be found on the Awards website at www.infrastructure.gov.au/nalg.
The categories in this year's Awards are:
- Arts Animates - excellence in capacity building and innovation
- Boosting Productivity through Infrastructure
- Contributing to Regional Growth
- Digital Innovation in Local Government
- Disability Access and Inclusion
- Excellence in Road Safety
- Innovation to Create More Liveable Australian Cities
- Multicultural Australia - Strength in Diversity
- Promoting Indigenous Recognition; and
- Youth Economic Participation
If you have any questions please contact the Awards team via email at: Awards@infrastructure.gov.au or visit the website.