Submissions on the indicators of, and impact of, regional inequality in Australia close soon
On 14 February 2018, the Senate referred an inquiry into the indicators of, and impact of, regional inequality in Australia to the Senate Economics References Committee for inquiry and report by the last day on sitting in June 2019.
The committee is interested in receiving submissions addressing the terms of reference. It would like to hear about:
- experiences of individuals and localities of unequal access to opportunities and unequal outcomes in non-metropolitan areas
- views on the causes of inequality between regions, especially between capital cities and other areas
- analysis of the economics of regional inequality, including wider impacts
- examples of solutions: what has caused some regions or towns to prosper?
- policy settings which could help address inequality between regions.
Submissions close on 30 April 2018.
For the terms of reference and the Committee Secretariat contacts, please visit the Parliament of Australia website.