2019 National Forum
On 26-28 November 2019, the Assistant Minister for Regional Development and Territories, the Hon Nola Marino MP, hosted the 2019 Regional Development Australia (RDA) National Forum in Canberra. The theme for this year’s Forum was Influence and Impact. The Forum was opened by Dr Rachel Bacon, Deputy Secretary Regional and Territories, and consisted of workshops and sessions focused on building the capacity of the RDA network, facilitating innovation and entrepreneurship, and building a stronger RDA network.
In her opening address, Assistant Minister Marino encouraged the regional leaders from across Australia to network, collaborate and share experiences on best practice in regional development. The Forum’s key note speaker, the Hon Dr Brendan Nelson AO, Director, Australian War Memorial, provided the RDA Committee representatives with valuable insights into how to influence decision making.
Streamed workshops provided opportunities for RDA Committees to network and learn from each other. The workshops focused on: raising RDA Committees’ regional profile, building capacity, establishing collaborative partnerships, providing leadership, influencing decision-makers, and supporting regionally-significant projects.
Representatives from other Australian Government agencies attended the Forum to listen to and network with the RDAs. Booths representing AusIndustry, the Department of Home Affairs and the Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Communications were well attended.
National Forum Program
- RDA National Forum - Program Booklet PDF: 6.9 MB
Session 1: Implementing Government priorities in regional Australia
Session 2: Keynote speaker, The Hon Dr Brendan Nelson AO BMBS FRACP (Hon) FAMA FRSN, Director, Australian War Memorial
Session 3: Sharing the knowledge
- Session 3 - 3 - Mandy Walker - RDAW PPTX: 7.6 MB
- Session 3 - 4 - Glenys Schuntner - IQ-RAP PPTX: 1 MB
- Session 3 - 5 - Charles Jenkinson - RDASW PPTX: 11.3 MB
- Session 3 - 7 - Therese O'Dwyer - RDA Sydney PPTX: 681 KB
- Session 3 - 9 - Margaret Blade - RDA Brisbane PPTX: 13.5 MB
Session 4: Regional workforce strategies
- Stream A: More People than Jobs
- Stream B: More Jobs than People
- Stream C: Planning for the Future
- Stream D: The Future of Work
Session 5: Place based approaches and regional planning
- Session 5 - 2 - Craig Perkins - Place Based Approaches and Regional Planning PPTX: 6.2 MB
- Session 5 - 3 - Trudi Bartlett - RDA DDSW PPTX: 1.1 MB