The RDA programme in Western Australia brings together all levels of government to support the development of regional Australia. RDA Committees in Western Australia and are funded by the Australian Government and administered by the Australian Government Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development.
There are nine RDA Committees in Western Australia covering all areas of the state, and including one RDA committee for metropolitan Perth.
In Western Australia RDA Committees:
- provide independent advice to all three levels of Government on critical issues affecting their region
- collaborate with relevant stakeholders to identify economic opportunities and leverage private and public sector investment to the regions,
- connect regional businesses, councils and industry sectors with international trade partners, financial markets and potential investors,
- work closely with community leaders to identify funding sources and develop project proposals to support economic growth
- provide assistance to local communities to develop project proposals to support economic growth, and
- promote awareness of government programmes in the RDA community.
WA RDA websites