In Victoria there are six Committees including five rural/regional RDA Committees and one metropolitan RDA covering greater Melbourne. RDA Committees in Victoria are funded by the Australian and Victorian Governments and administered by the Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Cities and Regional Development, Regional Development Victoria (for regional committees) and the Victorian Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions (for RDA Melbourne).
In Victoria, RDA Committees work to drive regional economic development and unlock the economic potential of their regions. They are comprised of local leaders with broad and diverse skills and experience, as well as demonstrated networks within their region. Committee members are individuals who understand the challenges, opportunities and priorities within their local community. The RDA Committees in Victoria are unincorporated advisory committees supported by professional staff employed by the Victorian government.
In Victoria, RDA Committees work in partnership with Regional Development Victoria, the Victorian Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions and the Regional Partnerships consultation process, ensuring integrated and aligned arrangements for regional engagement and economic development in the state and regional communities.
In Victoria RDA Committees:
- provide independent advice to all three levels of Government on critical issues affecting their region
- collaborate with relevant stakeholders to identify economic opportunities and leverage private and public sector investment to the regions,
- connect regional businesses, councils and industry sectors with international trade partners, financial markets and potential investors,
- work closely with community leaders to identify funding sources and develop project proposals to support economic growth
- provide assistance to local communities to develop project proposals to support economic growth, and
- promote awareness of government programmes in the RDA community.
Further information on the role of RDA Committees in Victoria can be found at the Regional Development Victoria website.
VIC RDA websites