There is a single RDA Committee for Tasmania and its off-shore islands, including King and Flinders Islands.
The RDA Tasmania Committee is funded by the Australian Government and administered by the Australian Government's Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development, Communications and the Arts.
RDA Tasmania has a strong and cooperative relationship with the Tasmanian Government and the Local Government Association of Tasmania. The Tasmanian Government, through the Department of State Growth, provides in-kind support including accommodation and facilities for RDA Tasmania staff based away from the RDA's main office in Launceston.
Under the RDA charter, RDA Tasmania is responsible for:
- providing independent advice to all three levels of Government on critical issues affecting the region
- collaborating with relevant stakeholders to identify economic opportunities and leverage private and public sector investment to the region
- connecting regional businesses, councils and industry sectors with international trade partners, financial markets and potential investors
- working closely with community leaders to identify funding sources and developing project proposals to support economic growth
- providing assistance to local communities to develop project proposals to support economic growth
- promoting awareness of government programs in the local community