New South Wales
RDA Committees in New South Wales (NSW) are funded by the Australian Government and administered by the Australian Government's Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Communications.
There are 14 RDA Committees in NSW covering all areas of the state, including an RDA Committee for Sydney which covers the greater Sydney metropolitan area.
Under the RDA charter, NSW RDA Committees are responsible for:
- providing independent advice to all three levels of government on critical issues affecting their regions
- collaborating with relevant stakeholders to identify economic opportunities and leverage private and public sector investment to their regions
- connecting regional businesses, councils and industry sectors with international trade partners, financial markets and potential investors
- working closely with community leaders to identify priority activities that will drive regional economic development
- providing assistance to local communities to identify funding sources and develop project proposals to support economic growth
- promoting awareness of government programs in the RDA community